1. The first draw to be made Wednesday, July 15, 2020, and on the third Wednesday of each month for the following 11 months, a draw will be made for a trip for two to the suggested destination of that month. At the same time each month, a draw will be made for a second prize of $100 cash and third and fourth prizes of $75 cash. and fifth, sixth and seventh prizes of $50 cash. All draws will be made at Annandale National Historic Site, or at such other place as the President of the Rotary Club of Tillsonburg may elect. Winners names will be published in the Tillsonburg News.
2. The winner of the first prize will have his/her choice of three options:
a) To take the suggested trip of the month
b) To choose an alternate destination, with the Heritage Draw Committee contributing an amount up to, but not exceeding, the value of the suggested trip for that month’s draw
c) To choose the cash option as listed for that month. Trip prizes are not transferable.
3. All trips to be booked through Tillsonburg Travel Service. Trip winners must book their trip no later than 90 days after the draw date, failing which the trip winner shall be deemed to have elected to receive the cash option listed for the month in question. Trips must be booked at least 30 days in advance of departure date. All trips are subject to availability at the time a booking is requested.
4. Prices for transportation, accommodation and vacation packages vary with the time of year and market conditions that exist at any given time. The value given for each month’s trip is based on rates in effect September 2019 and are subject to change without notice, and that value shall constitute the maximum for which the Heritage Draw Committee shall be responsible. All rates quoted are per room, based on two persons sharing a room. Proposed Hotels, Ships and Coach tours are according to our information of good quality. Advanced reservations are highly recommended. Tour companies often have tours on sale, in which case the lower level will apply. Meals are not included unless indicated.
5. Winners of each month’s prizes will be announced through local media and every effort made to contact those winners personally. Members of the Heritage Draw Committee and others connected with the project are eligible to win prizes.
6. Each ticket is eligible to win no more than two major prizes. In the event of a repeat winner, that ticket will be ineligible for future major monthly prizes, but will still be eligible to win cash prizes each month.
7. Each ticket costs $100 and entitles the holder to participate in all 12 draws (with the exception of condition 6). No more than 600 tickets will be sold. Where payment has not been made or cheques not tendered by the ticket holder(s) on the date of the first draw, the ticket issued to the ticket holder(s) shall be cancelled, any payment made shall be refunded, and the ticket holder(s) shall not be entitled to participate further or to receive a prize in any draws.
8. All cash prizes to be claimed through the Tillsonburg Rotary Club Committee, P.0. Box 126, Tillsonburg, Ontario, N4G 4H3
9. This lottery is conducted under a Lottery Licence issued by the Province of Ontario.
10. Rates are NOT in effect for travel during the peak holiday seasons such as Christmas, New Years, Easter and March School Break, and Family Day. Surcharges may be applicable for travel during summer season.
The Tillsonburg Rotary Club Committee and Tillsonburg Travel Service Ltd. act only as agents for hotels, airlines, railroad, steamship companies or owners or contractors providing accommodations, transportation or other services.
All coupons, exchange orders, receipts, contracts and tickets issued in connection with these tours or travel are issued subject to any and all tariffs, terms and conditions under which any accommodations, transportation or any other services whatsoever are provided, further (a) that neither The Rotary Club of Tillsonburg nor Tillsonburg Travel Service Ltd. shall be or become liable or responsible for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property or otherwise in conjunction with any accommodations, transportation, or other services, or resulting directly from or indirectly from any causes beyond our control, or changes of itinerary or schedules, or from any loss or damage resulting from improper or insufficient passport, visa or other documents and that neither the Tillsonburg Rotary Club nor Tillsonburg Travel Service Ltd. shall become liable or responsible for any additional expenses or liabilities sustained or incurred by the participant as a result of any of the foregoing causes; and (b) that the coupons, exchange orders, tickets, and/or contracts in use by any hotel, transportation company, or for additional expense or liabilities sustained or incurred or contracted to provide transportation, accommodations or other services shall constitute the sole contract between them and the participant.
Air carriers are not responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time that passengers are not on board their aircraft.
The passenger’s ticket, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airline company, their agents, and employees and the participant of the trip.
The Rotary Club of Tillsonburg nor Tillsonburg Travel Service Ltd. shall not be responsible for any expenses other than those specifically and mutually agreed upon before departure on any travel chosen.